CAREERS AT THE WOODSTOCK POLICE SERVICE
Want to really make a difference in your community? Check the possible career opportunities with the Woodstock Police Services.
Download the application form: WPS Application Form
The Woodstock Police Service hires periodically throughout the year. Applications and resumes are welcome at anytime and must be submitted to the attention of the Chief Of Police. Applicants will only be notified if identified to compete in a specific competition. We thank you for your interest in the Woodstock Police Service.
Experienced Police Constable
The Woodstock Police Service is actively recruiting for the position of Experienced Police Constable. Applicants must be a currently serving Police Constable, having successfully completed a period of probation pursuant to Section 44(1) of the Police Services Act at a recognized Canadian Police Service.
The Woodstock Police Service is accepting applications for future employment as Police Cadets/Constables. Applications will be kept on file for one year. The Woodstock Police Service is inviting applications from both new recruits and currently serving officers. As opportunities become available, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part Time Occasional Officer
The Woodstock Police Service is currently accepting applications for experienced police officers for a Part Time Constable position. Candidates must meet minimum requirements as stated in the Ontario Police Services Act and hold a certificate in Basic Constable Training from the Ontario Police College. Candidates must also have been a police officer in Ontario for a minimum of five years and have not been out of policing for more than five years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested persons are required to submit a resume to the attention of
Deputy Chief of Police
Woodstock Police Service
615 Dundas St.Woodstock, ON N4S 1E1
- We currently employ Part Time Constables and would like to expand the pool.
- The Part Time Constable is a casual position and shall only be employed by the Woodstock Police Service to augment the full time members as per the Collective Agreement.
- The Part Time Constable must be able to pass Use of Force Certification as per Provincial Standards and have, or be able to obtain, a First Aid/CPR certificate.
- The Part Time Constable will be assigned to general patrol duties and shall not be allowed to perform any duties other than those normally performed by a Patrol Constable.
- Compensation is that of a First Class Constable and 10% in lieu of benefits.
- The Part Time Constable will be a member of the Woodstock Police Association and pay dues accordingly. The member also has the legislated benefits through the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and the Employment Standards Act. Exclusions are noted in the Collective Agreement.
The Woodstock Police Service is accepting applications for the following civilian positions.
The position of Special Constable - Court Security is responsible for search and secure of individuals in custody. Screen and scan entry into the Courthouse. Prisoner transportation to and from court, correctional facilities and other police agencies. Serve court documents as required. Complete fingerprinting and process other judicial orders as needed.